Monday, 26 September 2016

Task 2

For my music video(Rockstar) i am doing for the client i have done and will do many forms of primary and secondary research for it.

Nickelback-Rockstar <-- Link to blog about the song Rockstar

Research I Have Done

So far i have done two different kinds of primary research these are:

. I have done research into different ways of editing
Editing Experimentation

.I have spoken to our client James Clark about how he would like us to make the music video.His response is that he wants it to be unique about who we do with the music video.The medias involvement with the event is
. filming the auditions
.filming the music video
.filming the show and editing it for dvd
.editing a charity VT to be played during choir performance


For secondary research i have :

.Watched the original music video of Rockstar to look for any potential ideas .

.I have watched different music videos to also look for ideas.

Research I Could Do

For primary research i could do i could:

.Talk to other people also doing the music video to see if they have any ideas.

.Talk to people around the college(students and teachers)to see if they have any interesting ideas for the video.
These ideas would be better than the ones for secondary research as i am getting he information directly.

For secondary research i could:

.Go to the library and look for any books on music videos 

.Look online to see if the internet can give me any ideas.

.Look in music magazines for any music videos that have been edited in an interesting way.


Comparing Primary And Secondary

Researching different types of editing by actually editing some footage is better than watching different music videos for editing ideas as i find it is better to experiment with these types of editing better than just seeing  what other people have edited in a certain way.
 I also think that the fact that i talked to James about what he wants for the music video is better than asking other people if they have any ideas as James would have thought this through as it is for his show.  

No comments:

Post a Comment